Testimonies by Weekend Participants
These are comments made by pilgrims right after their weekend
Kairos (prison ministry)
- Now I know God is ahead of me to lead me, beside me to support me, and
behind me to catch me.
- It's been about a year since I lost my husband. I learned I can move on.
- No matter where we are on our walk with God, there's always more to learn. (This was
spoken by a person who had been a missionary for 25 years)
- I went on the walk because it's never a good idea to tell your girlfriend's
father, "No." But he knew what an incredible experience I'd have.
- I've had Christ in my head for years. Now I have Christ in my heart.
- Now I know what all those "De Colores" bumperstickers are all about!
- I had heard Emmaus was like a mountaintop experience. I just didn't know
the mountain could be so high.
- I cannot describe in words the joy and peace I felt this weekend. There's
just no way to explain it to anyone else without experiencing it.
- I felt the grace of God for the first time in my life.
- I know God has been calling on me for two years. I hadn't even had my
answering machine on. Now I will take this weekend and do God's work.
- A light turned on inside me. I want to shine in every corner I find!
- I learned to accept people for who they are, and not for how I want them to be.
- This has been the most inspirational time of my life. Ever.
- I'm not alone anymore.
- I felt like I was drinking from a fire hydrant all weekend!
- There isn't a person in this room who would have admitted to knowing me
five years ago. But I've learned I can put that behind me and move forward.
- I have to admit I came for the food. But I ended up receiving
a bunch more. I now have a family. God spoke to me through y'all. I
have received Christ for the first time today! I felt the demons leave.
- I was just doing my time; I knew that no one cared. But you opened
up and showed me love.
- I only got 7 months to go and I want to take the Lord out with me
and STAY OUT, so I can be with my two little girls.
- I came for the cookies -- and they were good! But I leave feeling
like I now have a true family!
- I came for the cookies, but I leave feeling God in my heart and I
know there is something He wants me to do for Him, and I praise Him and
I'll serve Him.
These are some comments submitted via e-mail from participants who
went on their walk some time ago.
- It's really hard for others to understand agape love. I think that is the TRUE
power of Emmaus. Showing others that you care because it's the right thing to
do and we all want to be more like Christ!
- The men's walk was super, great, unbelievable. As a member of the
team, I saw lives changed. I went to serve, but I got served to. The men
around me greatly touched my life. Their deep
belief in Jesus Christ was unbelievable. We cried a lot, laughed a lot and
mostly shared our faith in God and Jesus Christ. I cannot express in
words how I was affected by these men. I thought I had it pretty much
together in my walk with Christ, but when I was challenged this
weekend, I had some burdens that I had to unload, and my walk with
Christ was just beginning just like the pilgrims. God bless Ron [Lay director],
the ALDs and the Clergy team for their love they expressed. The Holy Spirit was
working through them on this walk.
- Click here for a touching testimony of
love borne out of a joint gathering of the Central Carolinas and Grace Emmaus
Return to CCEC home page.